As a part of Ausglass's mission to support and promote contemporary glass, Ausglass hosts conferences every two years. These are designed to bring glass artists, collectors, and enthusiasts together in order to foster the exchange of ideas, information and new practices in the world of contemporary glass.
At an Ausglass conference delegates have the opportunity to:
- Hear talks from speakers from around Australia and the globe.
- Participate in workshops and demonstrations by internationally renowned artists.
- Visit the studios of local artists.
- See world class exhibitions of contemporary glass.
- Make friends and contacts at entertaining social events and parties.
- Grab a bargain or new information at the trade fair.
The most recent was The CoLab Confernece - Whanganui, New Zealand, 2019
.. Details of what was involved are seen at the still active conference website.
Previous conference - States of Illumination - Adelaide 2015
The 2015 Conference, titled ‘States of Illumination’, was held in Adelaide from 12-15th of February 2015. All the activity was based around the Lions Art Centre and the JamFactory (19 Morphett St, Adelaide South Australia). UNESCO has formally recognized Ausglass as a partner in the International Year of Light and Light based technologies and has endorsed the 2015 Ausglass Conference.
Each day of the conference had its own theme:
The day of enlightenment: illuminating ideas (day 3).