Vicki Torr Emerging Artist Prize
Each year Ausglass awards the Vicki Torr Emerging Artist Prize (formerly the 'Online Gallery Prize') to an early-career Ausglass Member who is categorised as an 'emerging artist' (see below).
The prize is valued at $1,500 and is awarded on the basis of voting by Ausglass Members.
The purpose for the prize is to encourage early-career artists to promote a public profile: photographic examples of their work, a curriculm vitae and an artist statment..
The compettion gallery - to be viewable through vickitorr.ausglass.org - will be publically accessible for twelve months and will be a potential reference for collectors, galleries and other institutions wishing to stay informed about emerging talent witrhin the Australian contemporary studio glass movement.
Applications open: 2 - 20 September 2019.
Voting by Ausglass Members: 23 September - 6 October 2019
Prize announced: Ausglass AGM, 12 October 2019
* Details and application form: vickitorr.ausglass.org
To be eligible for the Vicki Torr Emerging Artist Prize artists must:
• be an Ausglass Members at the time of the competition and
• be a full-time Australian resident, and
• be an ‘emerging’ artist (defined here as a person - including students - having up to five years of professional experience), and
• submit a full application for the Prize (an artist statement, one-page CV, up to 4 photographic examples of their work), and
• not have previously won this prize (formerly called Vicki Torr Online Gallery Prize).
For the purposes of the prize an emerging artist will be regarded as a person who has up to five years of professional experience. Students with up to five years of professional experience are eligible for the prize and are encouraged to participate.
Previous winners of the Prize
|2018 Nadina Geary||2014 Gillian Tomasich||2009 Susan Moore|
|2017 Jenny Bush||2013 Zoe Woods||2008 Denise Pepper|
|2016 Clare Peters||2012 Mikyoung Jung||2007 Annette Blair|
|2015 Liz Newhan & Janine Koefoed||2011 Yuksuke Takemura||2006 Nicole Ayliffe|